Enhanced People’s Housing Process
The Enhanced People’s Housing Process aims to support household who wish to enhance their housing subsidies by making decisions building their own homes.
The Enhanced People’s Housing Process aims to support beneficiaries who wish to maximise their participation and decision making in Human Settlements development.
The enhanced people’s Housing process can be accessed through the Integrated Residential Development Programme, Project Linked Consolidation, Institutional or Rural Subsidies as well as technical and other forms of assistance in the house building process.
To qualify one must:
- Be South African citizen or hold of a permanent residence permit.
- Be 18 years and older.
- Be married or habitually cohabit.
- Be single and have financial dependents constantly living with you.
- Single people without financial dependents, such as the aged, people with disabilities and military veterans may be assisted.
- Must earn 0-R 3500.
- Not owned a house in the past.
WHAT DOCUMENTS MUST I HAVE IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR HOUSING SUBSIDY
- A green Bar Identity Document or Identity Card.
- If married, a spouse ID book is needed + marriage certificate.
- Birth certificate of children and identity document of your dependents.
- Proof of income.
- Death certificate, if spouse died.
- Divorce decree, if divorced.